Sunday, April 18, 2010

What's been on my mind...

This past Tuesday, a good friend from church was in a car wreck with her three kids. Kathryn, the mom, had lacerations on her head, but has since been released. Her 7 year old son also had lacerations on his head and has been released, and her youngest, a 3 year old (Anna-Kate's friend) was taken in for observation but is totally fine. Her middle daughter, Anne (who is 5) had some serious complications and is in critical condition. She went in to surgery to relieve the swelling and pressure on her brain. I also know she had blood on the brain and multiple fractures, though I am an unsure where exactly whose were. Little Anne is in a medically induced coma trying to heal. Her numbers were showing improvement yesterday, but a CT scan from this morning shows significant swelling on the right side of her brain. Please pray for this sweet family and the long road they have before them. I know Eric (the dad) has been at the hospital and I can only imagine how tired he is. Her caring bridge site is: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/annejackson if you want to keep up and better know how to pray.

I have really been unable to get this family off my heart and mind this week. It hurts my mothers' heart. I can't imagine what Kathryn must be feeling to helplessly watch her baby. I can't help but think of my own children in the same situation. I am scared, and pray I don't ever have to walk that road. The thing I've been consoling myself with as I nurse Jack during the night is that I can pray while I do so and thus lift this family up around the clock before our Father--the Great Physician. Please join with me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YEs, amen and amen. We are praying hard for sweet Anne.