Friday, April 9, 2010

Home at last

It was a wonderful week of rest. It felt like it did, pre-kid, when I got sick and actually got to spend the day in bed resting and watching TV. It was glorious (though I felt like a bum, it was still glorious).

I missed the kids, and they were ready to get home, despite the fun activities Nana and Poppy planned for them each day. They both said that they had so much fun (and Anna-Kate asked when they were going back). :) Again, THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!! (that was especially from Jack and my healing belly).

So usually you have that person who asks "so, you gonna have more kids?" at some way too early and inappropriate time (like, when someone has a child under the age of one, just sayin'.). Anna-Kate came in and asked, "Mama, when are you getting my baby sister in there?" and jerks her thumb in the direction of my (still swollen) belly. Hrm. Notanytimesoonthanksforasking.

Our dear friends brought dinner tonight and stayed to eat and play with us (in fact, they are all upstairs putting kids down as I type). Anyway, at dinner Anna-Kate started crying that she didn't want to be a big sister. What??? She said she didn't want a little sister anymore, only brothers. Well, consider it done. For now anyway. Decisiveness must skip generations.

1 comment:

Tate Family said...

Gosh, AK seriously cracks me up. I can't wait to hear all the funny things Ry and Jack will say. :)