Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy 1st Easter, Jack!

Jack and I stayed home from church today. It honestly was a really hard decision for me to make. This marks my first, ever, Easter service to miss in my life and I felt very sad and lonely this morning. It's the one Sunday of the year, if none other, that Christians should be surrounded by fellow believers rejoicing in the magnitude of our Lord's sacrifice for us. Thankfully, the church mailed me a copy of the bulletin for this week (with Jack's birth announcement in it) so I was able to read the Scriptures and sing through the songs for today's service. Jack was happy as pie to be home with me, without loud siblings constantly wanting to kiss on him. For once, he had a morning nap in his crib (since I stayed up stairs and Chris brought me a granola bar. I'm still in the stage of only allowed to go up/down the stairs 1X a day......it's reeeeeeally cramping my style!). I had to have a shower...so what are you gonna do?

When Chris and the kids' got home from church we gave them their Easter baskets. It hadn't really crossed my mind about an Easter bunny, just on Easter you get a basket full of goodies (other moms, do y'all do Easter bunny, or just baskets, or none?). Anna-Kate had come in my room and seen them this morning and asked why her basket was up here with eggs and prizes (nosy!) but I successfully put her off. :)

After opening their Easter baskets we had a quick lunch the kids went down for naps, we had dinner (Chris grilled some lamb that we infused with fresh garlic and rosemary from the garden (YUM) and we had asparagus (grilled) and I managed to make mashed potatoes. (I've been so spoiled, this is the first thig I've cooked, besides sandwiches, since I've had Jack.) and then had our Easter egg hunt in the backyard. We had planned to do it with some other friends, but they ended up getting tickets to a show in town during the afternoon. It's OK, our kids had a blast! I was glad that I only put 1 marshmallow/1 jelly bean per egg as they 38 eggs I "hid" (aka, threw on the ground) were all eaten with daddy on the grass immediately after the hunt ended! Thankfully, the sugar high ended in a crash right about 8. :)

So thankful for a sweet day of family time and remembering the gift of eternal life that Jesus gave us through His sacrifice. He is risen, praise the Lord!

Ryan walked in this morning while I was nursing Jack and said, "Picture please. CHEESE!" I had to oblige. :)



Opening their baskets. We didn't do Easter bunny, just had baskets of gifts. Kinda of a God gave us a big gift and here is a small reminder of that gift and love...they were thrilled.







Family picture. It's quite awkward to take one with 3 kids all wanting to sit on mommy's lap, no one to take the picture, not having a tripod and no one to make everyone smile. Here is our best attempt. :)



Showing me their prizes from their eggs. :)







How Jack spent the egg hunt. He'll have more fun next year.



Me with my two big babies (in their sweet matching outfits I found at consignment...for $20 total, from 2 different sellers--SCORE!)

2 comments:

Dance411 said...

cute pics!! i do easter basket with goodies and I requested that my mom and aunts give her non-bunny related toys (they didn't listen :)). i also requested christian videos/kids books, etc (they listened to that!). i feel as long as I tell her that the bunny has nothing to do with Jesus, we will be fine. Because it's clearly out there all over. But also her school does not do an Easter bunny nor our church. please tell me when you are back to business, I'd love some lil sis/big sis shirts :)

The Bartons said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.