Sunday, April 11, 2010

My almost-four-year-old

"Burf clopps", better known as "burp cloths"

"doctoring", also known as playing with the doctor kit on her brother as he pretends to be sick.

Playing "mommy and baby (and other family members)" with my sewing scissors (mommy and daddy), thread (big sister) and buttons, (babies) with smaller buttons as "backpacks"--OR--crayons with the paper meticulously taken off and then re-put on as "clothes". Such an imagination.

As we walk through target she picks out clothes (and tries to put them in the buggy) for us to buy for her baby girl that she's going to have when she grows up. Thankfully, "after you have a baby we'll come back and get it" seems to suffice for now.

When I asked her what she was going to be when she grew up she said, "Mommy, I already told you. I'm going to be a mommy. Not a doctor or a nurse or anything else, I just want to be a mommy like you. I want to have a girl, then 2 boys then a girl!"

She put on a new outfit the other day and came downstairs and said, "mama, don't I look beautiful?" I said, "you look quite lovely." I guess she could tell I wasn't paying too much attention because she said, "I didn't ask if I looked lovely, I want to know if I look beautiful!" Why, of course. :)

I told her I got a few tears in my eyes when she went to visit Nana and Poppy last week. She said, "did you go 'boo-hoo-hoo' and cry so hard? Why did you cry? Did you just miss me SO much?" Well yes, you and Ryan... :)

Well, she keeps me laughing...and on my toes.

No comments: