Saturday, April 17, 2010

I'm back

It's been a busy week. Not only have we had a lot going on, but I've been doing a lot of thinking and praying. I will write about that later. Suffice it to say, it's been a physically and emotionally taxing week.

Today was a wonderful day! Daddy was home, (thank you God for Saturdays!!) we had a birthday party, a girlfriend from church brought us dinner and a neighborhood friend and I snuck away to Target and Ann Taylor Loft (currently, 40% off already reduced prices! This is especially helpful as I have officially reached the "I look ridiculous in maternity clothes but normal clothes make me want to cry since they hurt my incision" stage.) during naps. It was beautiful weather to top it off!

After naps (and shopping, respectively) we watched a quick Veggie Tales while I fed Jack. Here I am with all of my babies. Jack was less than pleased to be held by his doting sister when he really wanted to eat, but I wanted the photo-op (me + kids and all of the kids in some matching outfits I made...though you can't really see them and now I see that Ryan's shorts aren't even on...). After the movie we played outside with the kids. Poor Ryan got a very real and sad lesson that Mama is serious about veggies. When we say "eat your dinner or no dessert", there will be no dessert if said dinner is not consumed. My friend brought an icecream pie and Ryan was very disappointed with his decision. Hoping tomorrow he remembers. :)



While we were outside Anna-Kate was talking about all of the rides she wants to ride at Disney and all of the people she still needs to meet (that would be Snow White and Jasmine, if you were wondering). She giggled when I told her about the giant teacups (and she said she would be my "riding buddy" since Daddy can't handle circles) and then laughed as I told her about Splash Mountain (remember, Brer Rabbit, his happy place and that briar patch?). Anyway, she wanted me to sing the song and say, in a thiiiick southern drawl, "pleeease don't throw me into that briar patch!". She might actually ride it. Anyway, then the "why's" set in. You know,

AK: "why does he say that?"
Me: "because he is trying to trick brer fox into throwing him into the briar patch"
AK: "why does he want to go in the briar patch?"
Me: "he lives there"
AK: "why does he live there?"
Me: "that's where his house is"
AK: "but why does he say don't throw me in then?"
Me: "reverse psychology"
AK: " no, but why does he say don't throw me in then?"
Me: "I told you, reverse psychology"

She asked again 2 more times. I then went into the finer points of reverse psychology.

Hope I didn't spoil it for myself. It's quite a useful tool. :)

3 comments:

Tate Family said...

PRECIOUS outfits!

Mom B said...

Do you remember when Daryl introduced you to Brer' Rabbit? (We have the movie!!!) Our families were camping together, and you kids slept sideways on the bed in the "kids" room, and Daryl read you Brer' Rabbit stories. What a fun campout! Your mom and I went through 2 cans of Raid getting rid of roaches....

Katie said...

That's so funny about the teacups...the men in our family get sick so it will be mom and I taking EA! I plan on turning her head the other way as we pass Splash Mountain's big drop and shepparding her in line! I know, I'm mean! :)