Saturday, March 13, 2010

Clearly, there's never a dull moment.

Today was my long anticipated prenatal massage. Leigh-Ann and I grabbed lunch at California Pizza Kitchen (had an amazing chicken, bacon and avacado sandwich on awesome ciabatta, fyi) and then hit the spa. It was l-o-v-e-l-y. I then followed that up with a loooong shower and slow getting ready process. Per spa rules I turned my cell phone off. Imagine my surprise when I turned it on in the car to see 6 missed calls from Chris and a text stating, "have kids at urgent care".

Of course you do. Why wouldn't you need to go there the 1 day I don't have my phone and neither of us can stay home with the sleeping boy.

Turns out Anna-Kate's ear had begun bleeding. Kind of a lot. Chris couldn't see any scratch so the nurse insisted he bring her in. Since we have Kaiser, the urgent care that is 1.5 miles from our house wouldn't do. No, that would be a 30 minute (highway) drive. He had to wake Ryan up in the middle of his nap and schlep to the U.C. Then wait 2 hours to be seen and subsequently told that it was a cut further down her ear and here's a prescription to keep infection away. Awesome.

Her ear is not looking its best. There is blood in it still and the doctor said not to mess with it to prevent the wound from opening. Yuck. At least no one's throwing up on me or has fever. It's the little things...

On a more selfish note, my back already hurts again, mere hours after a massage. It just isn't fair. Boo.

1 comment:

Allison said...

There is just never a dull moment at your house! Sorry to hear about Anna-Kate's ear. I am sending lots of prayers your way for healthy, happy kids and a peaceful home as you prepare for Jack!