Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Inside the mind (and mouth) of Anna-Kate

I was putting Anna-Kate in bed and was so tired I laid down with her and she patted my cheek and said, "Oh you just rest your sleepy little head right here."

As I was getting up to leave I kissed her and she startled stumbling over her words trying to stall. She said, "oh, uh mommy, I umm, I really like, um, your, uh, nose. Yes, your nose." The sincerity is touching.

Chris then went in to tuck her in and she said, "you lay down, I am just sooo busy. I have so much work to do." She then began rubbing her hand in a circle on the bed and then began singing, "sing sweet nightingale, aaaaaaaah!" (in case you are unfamiliar or a bit fuzzy, that would be Cinderella's song while she hand mops the floor.)

The other day I told Ryan that they could watch a show as soon as he went potty (because if he has to go he holds it to avoid missing his show and in the process of running to the bathroom he pees...). Anyway. Anna-Kate was tired of waiting on him and said, "why don't you just stick him in isolation so he can't see the show and I can just watch it. Isn't that a beary good idea Mommy?"

When I told her that I had gone to the doctor to see Jack on Tuesday she said, "Oh, did he take Jack out of your belly?" I said, "does it look like he's out of my belly?" Her response? "Um, no. Not beary much at all."

The other day we were talking about how there is only One God and she began asking about God and Jesus and saying "well we have two Gods, right?". So I tried to explain the Trinity. (Yes, she's still 3). After I finished my best shot of explaining this highly complex abstract concept I asked if that made sense to her. She said, "well, it does a little bit but not beary much I don't think." I'm counting on the Lord blessing my efforts and helping her understanding despite me and my efforts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Lord will surely bless your efforts! You are planting the seed in your kids' hearts very young and it's wonderful to see it pay off over the years. :) Good for you!

AK is a hoot! I love reading the stories about her. What a funny girl!!

Jenny :)

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Buck and I were discussing the Trinity today as well. I asked him who the three persons were by prompting, "The Father....." and he completed it with, "The Mother and The Holy Moly!"

sarah