Thursday, March 25, 2010

The last day...before Jack!

I had a really productive day today (though, it feels weird to know I'm having a baby tomorrow and not to be in the throngs of labor pains for the past 48 hours, but I digress...). I dropped the kids at school a bit after 9 (and put my makeup on in the car until 9:25) then made returns to Target, Kohl's, Walmart (and purchases), got a pedicure, went to the bank, got lunch and did my Publix trip for the week and was back to pick them at at 12:55. Impressed? I am!

When I got home, I put Ryan down for his nap, unloaded the groceries, (though, evidently, not quickly enough as my blasted canine who is officially up for adoption Copper, ate all but 2 slices of the Boars Head sandwich meat I bought for lunches this week. We are still not speaking.) cleaned out the car, cleaned out and organized the pantry, dusted, did 4 loads of laundry, (and folded it!) made some burp cloths, cleaned the bathrooms, cleaned the potty seats (yuck) packed for the kids for tonight and made Jack's birthday cake (and subsequently cleaned up from the decorating process. Sigh). And that was all between 1:45-4. Amazing I didn't throw myself into labor. But no, my babies only come out when they are forced out. It's how I roll evidently.

Chris came home a bit early, we fed the kids leftovers then took them over to Leigh-Ann's to spend the night. We then grabbed our last dinner alone for a while, ran a couple of last errands (including to Home Depot to get pots to plant the flowers I bought today in.) watched The Office, I finished some work projects, planted said flowers, took a shower, Chris put in the carseat and we are thinking about going to bed soon.

Are you tired just reading this? Geesh, I am!

Chris and I heading out to dinner:



Our last picture as a family of 4:

7 comments:

Laura Fine said...

This post totally exhausted me! lol! I love your new burp cloths!! Thinking of you and praying everything goes well tomorrow!!

Tate Family said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! It's TIME. :) I agree with Laura...I'm tired reading this. That's why you're SUPERMOM to me. :) I'll let you keep that title. Can't WAIT to see baby Jack! Will be praying.

Anonymous said...

Love the family photo - you all look great, and super excited to meet your new addition!! I can't wait to see him. I'll be praying for peace in your heart, wisdom and careful hands for the surgeons and a healthy, bouncing baby boy!

Love,
Jenny

Leslie said...

What a productive and calm way to have a baby! Can't wait to see Baby Jack! Will be praying for you all today!

Liz said...

So exciting! Keep us posted! We're praying.

Jana said...

Love the pic of your family and of you and Chris. Very good of you two. Glad you got so much done...I know I'll be like that too...tying up every possible loose end at the last minute! Hope all goes well today. Can't wait to see pictures of baby Jack!

The Bartons said...

yipppeeeeee for Jack! Noah can't wait to meet him!!! :)