Sunday, March 7, 2010

Gender Reveal Party

(obviously, not mine, I threw it).

Anyhoo.

My bestie, Leigh-Ann, is having a planned C-section, so to give some excitement to the pregnancy and something special for this baby, she opted for a gender reveal shower. So, I've known for weeks the gender of her baby (and to be honest, it was fun knowing when even her mom didn't know--ha!). The invites were green diapers with brown teddy bear pins, so the reveal diaper shower was set. To reveal the surprise I decided to try my hand at cake bites. It was a perfect idea (and they are to.die.for.). I thought as an added bonus it would save me some time from making a cake and decorating it. I was sorely mistaken on that note, but I'm still glad I made them (and that I am talking about them this much, am a bit proud of them too.).

Shower hostesses and Leigh-Ann:







The table of yummies:



The cake bites:



The grandma's took the first bite as everyone watched....



And, it's a.....



GIRL! Sweet Sadie Frances, coming sometime in June. We are already praying for you precious girl!

The cute chocolate teddy bear lollipop party favors I made:

4 comments:

emilie said...

How cute!!

Anonymous said...

awwww...this was so special! thanks again for a wonderful shower with such great friends!

Leigh-Ann

Mom said...

Your cake bites and lollipops are really impressive!
Mom

Anonymous said...

How cute is that? You are such a wonderful friend & hostess! The cake bites turned out so great...and what a wonderful idea, a gender reveal party! I love it!!

Jenny