Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sickness....again

So Ryan's sick. Sigh.

He threw up on Sunday in the nursery. It's been downhill from there. We've had E.D. (what do you call the runs anyway?), listlessness, and clinging-to-mommy since. No fever, surprisingly.

I'm hoping and praying that his appointment at the ENT goes well tomorrow. (and that they will see him even if he's sick???). She said if I needed to cancel and reschedule it would be an 8 week wait.

Poor guy was a trooper this morning as I needed a few things from Target and then had to drop of my items to sell at a local bi-annual consignment sale. Imagine it...a super huge pampers box overflowing with toys and clothes precariously resting atop my umbrella stroller, with Ryan on top of that and 3 shopping bags on the handles and me (and my humongous belly) hunched over all pushing the stroller with my body as both hands are on Ryan and the box. Ask me how many people offered to help a poor soul in need. Ya, none. Anyhoo. I racked all of my stuff and put everything away (I mean, I'm only 38 weeks pregnant and have a sick kid, clearly, I'm super-mom who requires no help. Geesh.).

Anyway, we picked up Anna-Kate from school, ate lunch and he fell asleep on my chest at 12:15 as I was rocking in the glider talking to a friend on the phone. Poor guy handed me a pillow, went over and grabbed a blanket and then crawled into my lap and promptly fell asleep. I moved him to his bed and he slept until 4. When he woke up I turned on a show and we all sat and watched it together, cuddled up on the couch. As much as I hate him to be sick, there is something so deliciously sweet about a child nestling into their Mama. I love it and the sweet cuddles it affords me! Unfortunately, Chris had been given 4 tickets to the hockey game tonight and we had planned to take the kids, but that was clearly not a good idea. I know he was bummed to miss it. Praying ryan turns a corner tonight and is feeling better tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.