Sunday, March 14, 2010

Talkin' 'bout babies

At dinner tonight we were all pleasantly eating our pizza when Anna-Kate said, "Umm, so Mommy, when you were a baby, whose tummy were you in?" I just started laughing it was so random. I said, "Nana's tummy honey." She started giggling and said, "Oh my goodness. I just can't even believe that. That is too funny! You in Nana's tummy." Identical conversation happened between her and Chris (only difference being tummy location, of course). Then she said, "well, a looooong time ago when I was a baby, I was in your tummy. So silly!"

***

The other night I was putting Anna-Kate to bed and was struck by how big she is getting.
Me: "Anna-Kate you promised to always stay my little girl and you are just growing up too fast!"
AK: "Well Mama (with all sorts of attitude) I am gonna grow up and get married and have babies and be a Mama one day."

So the next day I was recounting this to Chris and she walked in on the tail end of the conversation and nods vigorously and said, "yes, I want to have 15 babies. My, I will have a lot of babies with that many!" I said, "well gracious, that is a lot of babies." She said, "well, maybe I'll just have umm, 5 boys and 4 girls." Chris said, "well, that's fine, but that's 9 kids and that's still a lot." She said, "or, maybe just 2 girls and 1 boy. OR, I think I would like best to have 2 kids and only 1 baby." I then explained they all start as babies...she stated her preference was still f or 2 kids and 1 baby.

***

Looking at my belly button (which she thinks is hilarious to talk to Jack and then start blowing zerberts on my belly...) she saw the innermost part (obviously, it's about to pop...) and said, "Oh, does Jack have black hair coming out of your belly button?" (and no, I have no hair, black or otherwise, in my bellybutton. Thanks).

No comments: