Monday, March 29, 2010

We're home!

We were released from the hospital today. I think Chris was pretty excited to come home and will be happy to sleep in our bed tonight.

Jack is doing awesome. Thankfully, my milk came in over last night so he is a happy camper and hopefully will start to regain some weight that he lost. So far, he sleeps constantly and eats really well (he is baby number three who is a FAST eater--thank you Jesus!!)

When we came home Anna-Kate was beside herself excited to see the baby and me. Chris took her to ballet class and they got some time alone. Ryan, on the othr hand, wanted nothing to do with me. Mom got him up from his nap and he was so excited to see me and waved at me, but by the time he got down the stairs he wouldn't talk to me, give me a hug etc. Made me sad. He finally went up to Jack during dinner (who was in his carseat) and said, "Hi baby WAKE UP!!!" then walked away. By bedtime he was wanting me to hold him and out him to bed.Hopefully he's "forgiven" me and will have forgotten about me leaving him and bringing home another baby soon.

Anna-Kate decided it would be fun to put a piece of blue crayon up her nose. You know, seemed like nothing else was going on today...sigh. She was holding her nose and when I asked what she was doing, she said, "pretending I don't have a nose". (this was before ballet). At dinner, 3 hours later, I saw something in her nose and thought it was just a crazy big booger. I looked and saw it was blue and freaked out a little bit. Chris held her down while I pulled it out with my tweezers.

Quite the evening.

We then played with the kids while Jack slept in his crib, completely unphased by the noise and craziness around him. I fed him (3 hours later...a schedule ia already coming together!! Love babywise...) played with him for a few minutes then laid him down awake in his bed...and he's still asleep. Praying this continues.

OK, hear my boy...it's been 3 hours, so I guess I'm off to feed. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww....this warms my heart! let me know if you want us to come hang out some tomorrow night and maybe bring over dessert if you already have dinner lined up (which I think you do). we'd love to see you all! you know, we're missing our wed night holcrabb fix!

Leigh-Ann

Michael and Andrea plus Baby Dawg said...

Ok would you puuuleeese tell me your secret in looking absolutely amazing and so "non swollen" the day you have a baby?? Is the secret to PLAN the C section??? You look amazing girl! Praying for you and baby Jack is a handsome little man!!!

Meagan Dennison said...

So, first thoughts: transition from 2 to 3? Dave wants #3, but I'm nervous about taking the plunge!

Aidensmom said...

I will NEVER forget when my Mom brought Aiden & Logan to visit me at the hospital. Logan wouldn't come near me (of course, I was in a hospital gown hooked to an IV, etc. - a little scary) and when I tried to hug him, which I wanted so desperately to do, he cried and only wanted my Mom. Heartbreaking. But he came around within a day or so, and fell in love with his sister on the second day we were home. The rest is history! :)

So glad to hear Jack is an easy baby. Good boy! The Lord knows you need an easy-going child by #3. I firmly believe it! They've got to be able to go-with-the-flow!! :)

Jack has the sweetest little face, Janelle. He really is so cute!

Jenny