Friday, March 19, 2010

Put a fork in me, I'm done!

(actually, don't touch my belly, I might lose my breakfast)

(and technically not done for 7 days, but who's counting?).

If not for family stuff going on currently I would be at the hospital as I type awaiting a 10 am C-section. Really weird to think about that. I am happy to have the extra week time-wise, but my belly is telling my otherwise for now. Thankfully, not an option at this point. :)

I'm officially there. You know, having to make myself eat. I feel full and sick always. Yuck. I went to the OB yesterday who, when feeling for Jacks' position heard me groaning from uncomfortableness, said, "Wow, you must be really uncomfortable. You are quite full of baby in there." The astuteness is astounding. In good news, his growth has slowed and he is now measuring right on, so that means??? :)

As I was leaving he said, "well, see you next week for your last appointment, huh?" I said, "well, I actually have no intention of coming in here on Thursday morning prior to my planned C-section Friday morning." (I mean really, he'd tell me I was 1 lb heavier, 1 cm bigger in the belly and yes, my ankles are still swollen.) He informed me that he was officially telling me to come but, "that if you happen to not show up, I sure wouldn't slap your hand." I said, "well in that case, "if you happen to not see me because I happen to forget to come in, it's been super, see you when I'm 20 lbs lighter."

And there, friends, is the best part, so far, to having a planned C-section. One less doctor appointment.

2 comments:

Meg said...

YAY! I hate that I haven't been able to see you lately! Thanks for all of your sweet Facebook posts. This wedding business is INSANE. 50 more days, but who's counting? Can't wait to meet little Jack! :)

The Bartons said...

Holy cow! can't believe Jack's coming next week! Eek! And yes, we too are stoked that you can now come see us much more often in STL!!!:)